Little SpritesIn March 2012, I opened a family daycare in Warnbro. My home is a two story cottage with a private bedroom and lounge upstairs. Downstairs is completely child friendly, colourful, stimulating and safe. This is a non smoking and no pets home without a pool. I strive to provide an asthma and allergy aware daycare.
I am very proud of the cottage plan at LittleSprites.We have 5 play areas;
- Dream Town is where children can nap or play quietly in gorgeous playtents including fairy land, a castle and a hospital as well as ; Rose Petal House, Strawberry Stable, Puppy Lane Cottage, Gaskett’s Garage and Cherry Blossom Café.
- Story Time is our well stocked library of rocking chairs, cushioned window seats, and classic early childhood predictable text “books with holes” complete with a stage, costumes, props and puppets.
- The Rainbow Room is full of vintage toys from the 80s. We have Rainbow Brite, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony, Ewoks, Darda Racecars,Gears Go Rounds, Megabloks, and a Glow in the Dark Wooden Train on the Moon.
- Make Believe is our main room where we have meals, free play and PreSchool. Role Play includes a bakery, sushi bar, McDonald’s and community helpers playsets; a farm, zoo, train, airport,hospital, school, fire department, post office, policestation and main street.
- The Garden is large, very shaded and well resourced. We have a ride on electric train, two roller coasters and two walking toy ponies, cars,cubbies,swings,slides,a sandbox and water toys.
From June to December of 2011, I have been facilitating two local playgroups attended by my nieces and nephews at Little Sprites. while waiting for the licensing process to reach completion. One playgroup is children of former WCHS students. The other one is a Japanese Australian Playgroup organized by my sister in law Hiromi Nagasawa.
I started providing care for my newborn brother and I began babysitting locally in 1996. Being the youngest girl out of of seven children, you might imagine how many nieces and nephews I have provided care for over the years. Currently there are eight cousins 5 months to 7 years old and all of them live locally. I have provided care for a number of different children with diverse special needs including but not limited to Asperger’s Autism, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Speech & Hearing Deficit, Gifted Learning Disabled, Cerebral Palsy, Cognitively Impaired, English Second Language, ADD and ADHD. I have provided care for children with; severe Asthma on a nebulizer,seizure conditions and severe allergies.
l enjoy working and playing with children. I believe that children develop to the best of their ability when they are given happy and safe home style care. I believe that child’s play is integral to their development and that this is best facilitated by providing a balance of 1:1 floor time toy modeling, small group free play and peer group structured learning activities.
I have three years of tertiary education in Childhood and Development as part of a Teacher Traning Course at Murdoch University. I have studied the globally known approaches to Early Childhood Development and I am most influenced by the constructivist paradigm of Piaget, the open ended Waldorf School toys and the ergonomically appropriate child furnishings of Montessori.
Phone: (08) 9593 0508
Mobile: 0435 212 968
Elite Childcare is an approved service provider. As such the Australian Government offers two types of financial assistance for the cost of child care to eligible families – the Child Care Rebate and the Child Care Benefit. For more information click here.